Short Reviews #1  

Posted by BB in , , , , ,

So I read through some of this weeks offerings and so far I like what I've seen. So the way were going to do these reviews is to give the comics a rating based on a scale of 0 to 10. So pretty much the reviews will just get a DSM Rating of Crazy (DSM-RoC) from The Comic Book Asylum courtesy of Dr. Burpee.

Mighty Avengers #22 - Best part of this issue was Jarvis walking in on Jacosta with a Wasp between her legs.Other than that it really wasn't anything that crazy. The story seems to finally be coming more into focus but I'm not sure I care where its going. But I will admit I am biased because I'm not a big fan of classic avengers as I am of New Avengers ( I know I'm a fucking blasphemer). So overall I would say this gets a DSM-RoC of 3.

Thunderbolts #129 - Ok easy review. Norman Osborn and Ant Sleaze. Most excellent.
DSM-RoC of 13.

Wolverine Origins #33 - As I said before I have a love/hate with this title. I like the title's lofty goals of using all kinds of Wolvie pieced together memories into a working origin. Some of it though is kinda crazy stretched. So everyone named Hudson is related to Wolverine and is badgered by Romulus? What the hell?
DSM-RoC of 6.

X-Force #12 - Gotta say I really like the Kyle/Yost team. Their understanding of continuity and there constant use of the New X-Men characters keeps bringing me back for more. Oh and I am a fan of the Bastion character. Crazy last couple of pages in this one. I'm sure no damage done to the team but man that is a lot of civvies.
DSM-RoC of 34.

New Avengers #50 - Was looking forward to this and while it was good it could have been a bit better. The individual team members pages done by a specific artist each was an awesome feature. When I noticed that was what was going on I just kept repeating, "Please let there be AJA/Iron Fist and Wolvie/YU", and sure enough I got it! Also thrown into this issue was Ms. Marvel done by Horn. Oh that sounded pretty nasty, "Ms. Marvel done by Horn", just let that one sink in..wait sink in..I'm killing myself. Oh but close to that concept I heard a million fanboys collectively reach for the lotion and tissues when they reached the second page and got three panels of Ms. Marvel assuming the position with Cap Rubbing his chin checking it out. Seriously I have included the shot. Am I right or what?!


DSM RoC of 123



Ratings are well thought out and are based upon writing, art, and other various factors.

0 rants

Post a Comment

Inmates

Archives

Comic Central
© WebRing Inc.
Comic Central
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>
Comic Blog Elite