Art of the Month  

Posted by BB in

The titles with the best art this month of April were actually really difficult to choose. There was some really good looking stuff out this month. I mean plenty of dime pieces. In the end though I can't choose them all. Well, I actually could I suppose as this is my blog and I can do as I please. I didn't though ok?! Only three remain! Here they are.

3. Thor #601 - Marko Djurdjevic brought the nasty for this issue. By nasty I mean good stuff. His art is such a great fit for this title and I swear every issue gets just a tad bit better. The pages that focused on Loki and Doom were a favorite of mine in this issue. The way he draws Dr. Doom is just an awesome bomb igniting in my retinas. I would really like to see him continue to do more with Doom. If this issue is any indication this is a good possibility.




2. Ghost Rider #34 - The art in this issue really made the story work. The premise is so ridiculous, yet brilliant, that it requires a specific style of art to accompany it. This is that art. Tony Moore's art is so strong that when it comes down to bike vs truck the art does most of the talking as the dialogue disappears. From flaming skulls to hippy bus massacre's Moore draws it all and does it in the most hellacious yet stunning way. I am really disappointed that this title is going on hiatus after the mini that follows it. The art has been so good for all 34 issues it will be a shame to not have this to look forward to each month.

1. Baman: Battle for the Cowl #2 - Now I know this is big action art and there isn't anything especially artsy per se but god damn this shit is gorgeous. Tony Daniels is hitting the mark with every unforgivingly gorgeous page. Black Mask standing over the rooftops of Gotham City reveling in the destruction he caused is just so evil looking!I have said it before and I will say it again this is a big blockbuster style mini and the art is just perfect for it. It has that Jim Lee feel but with its own hint of dark and evil. Tim vs Jason Todd Batman, if that is who it is, was a vicious free for all that was extremely enjoyable. Tim using a crowbar on him in one panel was so subtle yet fucked up. I wish Jason would have mentioned just how ironic it was for him to be getting beat with a crowbar by a Robin this time instead of the Joker. Anyway that will be covered a little more later.

So here you have it the best art in a title this month goes to Tony Daniel on Batman: Battle for the Cowl.

0 rants

Post a Comment

Inmates

Archives

Comic Central
© WebRing Inc.
Comic Central
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>
Comic Blog Elite