Comics For This Week...  

Posted by BB in

Here are the titles on my pull list and some thoughts on them.

Batman and Robin #1 - Probably the title I am most excited for this week. Love the pairing of Morrison and Quietly and can't wait to see what they do here. Coming off an instantly classic run on All-Star Superman they have a lot to live up to but I really think they can do it. This title should be an instant divider amongst Bat fans. Based on art it seems they will go more campy and outlandish than what most Bat titles have been in the last two decades and this may piss some off but for me I am actually looking forward to it. For those who are pissed remember this is comics and it's all cyclical.

Secret Six #10 - What can I say this title has been excellent as of late. Last issue gave us RagRobin and I can't wait to see what this issue brings us. Hopefully more disturbingly appealing things!

Superman: The World of New Krypton #4 - Green Lanterns! Other than that I could care less for this title if it was handing out blowjobs.

Amazing Spider-Man #596 - Normie as one of his Father's pet Avengers? Normie a new father? Aunt May engaged? There is a lot going on here and all of it is some serious fun. Can't wait for this title as usual.

Astonishing Tales #5 - Looking forward to Wolvie and Punisher story as well as Mojo. Arno Stark though is a sack of shit and I hope he dies at the end of this story. Is this the last issue with Arno? By Odin's beard I sure hope so!

Captain Britain and MI:13 Annual - First and only annual for this title. I am sure it will be as good as the title but it's sad knowing it's almost done. Having said that this is a great issue cause it is basically a bonus issue for fans of the title!

Dark Avengers #5 - I go back and forth on this title. For 3.99 I really feel this title needs to bring a little bit more to the table than it does. Last issue was a little more fun than the rest but I still am not sold. Well I guess I might be cause I am purchasing it.

Deadpool: Suicide Kings #3 - Not sure how I feel about this title cause all the issues that have come out so far are chillin like a villain in my pull box still. Maybe pick this up on Friday when I get my first summer check.

Exiles #3 - Maggott was in the last issue so i'm still riding that high. This issue has a lot to live up to after last issues inclusion of Maggott so we'll just have to see what happens.

Mighty Avengers #25 - Last issue was the first issue since Slott took over that I actually enjoyed the title. I must say I am anxiously awaiting Thor's inclusion in this title. No he hasn't been announced as being an upcoming member or even a guest appearance but with Loki pulling strings here it is only a matter of time before ole' Goldilocks comes looking to beat some bitches up!

New Avengers: The Reunion #4 - Another title that has every issue chillin in my pull box. Can't say much but that I am interested in checking out the dynamic they set up between the two main characters.

New Mutants #2 - Loved the first issue and am uber stoked for this next issue. Legion! Last time I read something with Legion in it I was just getting into X-Men and the Age of Apocolypse was launching so based on my love for the AOA I have love for Legion.

Skaar: Son of Hulk #11 - Love this title but I fear it is about to head into a downward spiral as Skaar comes to Earth. If i'm wrong I am stoked if not well I could stand to save some money here so either way a win win for the Burpee!

Ultimate Spider-Man #133 - Expect a decent sized review on this one after tomorrow. This is the title that got me into Spider-Man along with JMS's run. Before that I had heard so much about clones and nasties like that so I dared not enter the Spidey universe other than enjoying the awesome 90's cartoon. Really hoping this is a great issue and that when it relaunches it's worth sticking around for.

Ultimatum #4 - I actually have been really enjoying this. Like Ult. Spidey I am still waiting to see if this is a great jumping off point or the beginning of a new friendship for me and the Ultimate Universe that has felt a little stagnant of recent.

War of Kings #4 - This has been very meh for me. Hope it picks up or I may be nearing my end on some of the cosmic Marvel stuff. We shall see.

So what's on your list?!

2 rants

My pull list is as followed:

Amazing Spider-Man 596
Batman and Robin 1
Buffy: Tales of the Vampire one-shot (accidently typed shit, but I meant shot.. because I know it will not be shit, its Buffy, and thats my thing)
Chew #1 looked interesting, so if its there, sure, if not, then I won't be broken up
Dark Avengers 5- i'm on the same boat as you, if this one doesnt keep me interested... gooooodbye
Deadpool Suicide Kings 3
there is a Punisher one-shot, we'll see (typed shit again)
Secret Six 10
Ultimate spiderman 133


woooooo comics!

Big list this week. I'm really stoked to grab my copy of Batman and robin!

Post a Comment

Inmates

Archives

Comic Central
© WebRing Inc.
Comic Central
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>
Comic Blog Elite