Top 5 Artists for the week of 3/18/09  

Posted by BB in , , , ,

I know these are wicked late! I will do these sweet and to the point.

5. Scott Eaton (X-Men: Legacy #222) - This was some dynamic stuff that I really enjoyed. Nothing off the charts amazing but still some really enjoyable art.

4. Jerome Opena (Punisher #3) - This art is awesome! I love the sketchiness to it. It is perfect for a Punisher title. It is just amazingly raw. I also LOVE the way he draws the Hood. Would love to see a Hood book with Opena on art chores.

3. Clayton Crain (X-Force #13) - Again like I stated with the covers I really like his stuff. The digital painting technique is different from a lot of what is going on at the big two currently. It is gritty and works really well with whats going on here in X-Force.

2 Steve Mcniven (Wolverine: Old Man Logan #71) - McNiven is something fantastic. He is such a great artist when it comes to the dynamic event feeling books. He just has the whole big blockbuster feel while maintaining the integrity of detail and emotion.

1. David Finch (Ultimatum #3) - While the title is amazingly out of control ridiculous I have enjoyed it. I have especially enjoyed the art here. Finch has brought his A-Game every time out and this is no exception. The panel with Giant Man biting off Blob's head then spitting it out was fan-fucking-tastic!

So there you have it. So as far as nominees go for March's Artist of The Month we now have Tony Moore (Ghost Rider) and David Finch (Ultimatum). One more artist this week and then we will review and pick the Artist of the Month.

0 rants

Post a Comment

Inmates

Archives

Comic Central
© WebRing Inc.
Comic Central
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>
Comic Blog Elite