Title of the Mont: March 2009  

Posted by BB in , , ,

So the title of the month for March came down to Ghost Rider #33, X-Force #13, and X-Men: Kingbreaker #4. The number one title of the month out of these three for me was a pretty easy choice. While I thought All were really great reads I did feel that Ghost Rider #33 was the third best of the group. While I really enjoyed the art and the story it didn't bring me personally as much excitement as the other two did.

Now the final two were both X-Cellent X-Titles. I'm sorry I know that was wrong but I just had to do it. Just this once. But seriously lets be honest here. Both had some similarities. Both titles involve X-Men doing things that aren't really the norm. You have Kingbreaker with the Starjammer X-Men and X-Force with the stabby stab stabbing of things. Both also act as great lead ins to what are supposed to be pretty important Marvel crossovers. Both have excellent writing (it is Yost on both) and also amazing art. When it comes down to it though I have to say that the winner is...

X-Force #13

I chose this over Kingbreaker because this title just seems to be the most relevant X-Title to the Mutant books at Marvel right now. All roads lead through this title if you will. We had plots from all the books in here as well as looks at characters that fans really want to see like Boom-Boom, Prodigy, Hellion, and Surge. It also is the lead in to the second part of what is supposed to be one of the biggest X-Crossover in ages as part of the Messiah Trilogy.

The art is fantastic, the writing was great, the story is important, it leaves us with a hell of a cliffhanger and overall demands to be picked up and eye balled like the dirty little thing it is. All of that is a good thing mind you.

So it's the winner! Agree? disagree? Please bring the praise and the rage. Just click on rant and leave your rant for me. I will respond and defend myself if need be. ;)

2 rants

This comment has been removed by the author.

testing

Post a Comment

Inmates

Archives

Comic Central
© WebRing Inc.
Comic Central
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>
Comic Blog Elite