Batman: Brave and the Bold - Aquaman  

Posted by BB in ,

Batman: Brave and the Bold is one of those cartoons that is able to appeal to both the younger and older audience in such a seamless way. Despite being pretty goofy and campy it finds a way to be some excellent programing.

Today I found myself watching some episodes from the show that I had on my DVR. They were episodes that I had seen but really wanted to see again. They were episodes that featured Brave and the Bold's take on Aquaman. He is easily my favorite character in this show. His portrayal in this show is so ridiculous and over the top, just like a lot of the things in this show, but yet is one of the most enjoyable renditions of the character I have ever seen.

Aquaman is played here as an aloof King who brags consistently about his greatness. His interactions with some of the more "intelligent" characters of the show are the best. In one episode Atom and he must enter Batman's body to fight a sickness that Batman has picked up from Chemo puking on him in battle. Through out the journey in the Bat Aquaman steals he spotlight by calling on an anti body that comes flying in like a seahorse. He names it Platelet and loves it as if it was a trusty steed. At one point the thing is smothering his stupid ass and he's telling it hoe much he likes hugs while it continues to smother him. Atom points out that Platelet is actually trying to destroy him as it seems him as a foreign body in Batman's body. Aquaman's response? "Sure feels like a hug to me!". Classic stuff here.

If you have seen this show then you know what is so great about this Aquaman. If you don't then it's really hard to get across without you having seen it. It is hard to say that this iteration would work in the printed world of the DCU but it's really tempting to want to rally behind it. As I said earlier I really enjoy this version more than any other that I have seen or read.

Anyone else enjoy this show as much as me? Any other favorites from the show? My other favorites behind Aquaman would have to be Guy Gardner, G'Nort and of course Batman. Hit up the rant to weigh in on the subject.

0 rants

Post a Comment

Inmates

Archives

Comic Central
© WebRing Inc.
Comic Central
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>
Comic Blog Elite