The Burpee List  

Posted by BB in

I decided that there is a lot of things I want to see happen in comics. I realized this after reading the newest issue of Ultimate Spider-Man. I had strong feelings about the way that series ended but I noticed many others did so I didn't feel like beating a dead horse. Well not too much anyway. So instead I decided to make a list of things i'd love to see happen and here is the first of many.

The return of Maggott
: I really want to see this character come back. I know he isn't fandoms favorite and probably not even ten peoples favorite but Maggott was a character I really enjoyed. I thought he had an awesome aesthetic and a really twisted and unique power. A character that I thought for sure would have been an awesome memeber of Grant Morrison's New X-Men run. Unfortunately, he got a lame death off panel in the mutant concentration camp in the old Weapon X title. A death that was never even brought up by the other X-Men he served with. So that kind of sucked to me.

How do you bring back a character who is dead though? Well, shit people! Dead characters come back all the time. This character especially has a built in easy return. He left one of his two maggot's, either Eenie or Meenie, to a young boy. I always thought it would have been cool to have the left over maggot, which was Maggott's internal stomach and digestive system essentially, turn into a fly that then lays an egg that is the reborn Maggott character. It would be creepy and nasty and oh so much fun. Then Maggott of course would have two new Maggott's for a digestive system. He would also lose the accent which writers stated they had too much of a problem with.

I always imagined this story would be a twisted ride and a decent hit with me writing it. If Marvel wanted it to be a mega hit they could put a big name behind it like Grant Morrison, Garth Ennis or Warren Ellis any of these writers could do this story as twisted as it needs to be done for it to work. On art I would either put Frank Quietly or Jerome Opena as I think either of these guys could knock this project out of the park.

Lastly and most importantly I would make this mini a MAX title. Give it to any of the above mentioned guys and let them run wild with a metal maggot that turns into a fly and then leaves an egg that hatches a mutant who then has two metal maggots burst through his chest to find food that they then bring back to him by diving back into his chest. If that doesn't grab yout as a weird enough it could be awesome as a MAX title I am not sure what will.

Anyway, that is but the first on a list of things I want to see happen in comics before I die. What else is on the list? Join me every Monday to see more of The Burpee List!

0 rants

Post a Comment

Inmates

Archives

Comic Central
© WebRing Inc.
Comic Central
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>
Comic Blog Elite