Insane Afterthoughts #1  

Posted by BB in

Alright so Insane Afterthoughts is the new name for my short reviews. Needed something that fit more with the Asylum and yet also showed that we were reviewing. So Insane Afterthoughts it is for now! Or for those who think this is stupid and dislike my reviews, most i'm assuming fit in this category, feel free to call this the Inane Afterthoughts! Like anything else here though I may change this. Wouldn't be the first time and wont be the last. So awaaaaaaaay we goooooo!

Secret Six #8 - Based on the sheer fact that we were served up a double date issue with Deadshot I am thinking decent grade here. Gail Simone provides a fun issue that still keeps all the characters voices intact yet gives us something completely different compared to what has come before in the past 7 issues. I also enjoyed seeing Scandal meeting back up with the stripper Knockout. Interested to see where this whole plot is going. Good issue but nothing amazing. B

Green Arrow and Black Canary #19 - I have been loving the hell out of this arc and was really looking forward to how it all would end. I came away fairly disappointed unfortunately. The train scene was neat and the stuff with Merlyn was pretty good but I just wanted and expected more from this. I honestly can't even tell you what I wanted out of it. I just know I don't feel that I got it. C

Incognito #3 - This is shaping up to be really good. I have enjoyed it thus far and each issue pulls back the curtain a little more and we get a greater glimpse of the world as it is in this title. The main character is written so well that as big of a scum as he is you really feel for him as he is being taken advantage of by his friend. After this issue I can only imagine things are going to get crazier and crazier as he has now been outed. The art here is also sufficiently dark and helps to lend that foreboding feeling a title like this should have. B

Captain America #49 - WTF was this? I thought this issue was supposed to be the biggest thing since the death of Cap. I understand this was probably setting something up but what? the last couple of pages were confusing as shit and did not leave me with an OH SHIT! moment like I was expecting. I was drooling as I opened this book because the solicit had built my need to read this issue into a total rage and instead I was left with my nothing but a limp dick. It's pretty looking though. D

Green Lantern Corps #35 - The last page was off the chain! I can't wait for the next issue. Also, am I the only one who loved the idea of Arkillo carrying his tongue around his neck?! Great visual image in that panel. I seriously am super fucking amped for Blackest Night. DC better not let me down like they have been so brilliant at lately. B

X-Men Legacy #223 - Alright so fast approaching the end of this portion of Legacy. I was hoping they would drop the Legacy sub header but if what i'm hearing is right it will be staying on there. Anyway, that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Gotta say Carey has done more for Rogue than anyone else in quite some time. He really seems to ahve a great grasp on her. i can't wait to see who everyone is looking at on the last page there. The art continues to be a shining part of this book. interested to see how they close this all out. B

2 rants

Yeah, "Insane Afterthoughts" works pretty well, for now. But then, so does "Relieving Myself in a Padded Room". ;)

Love it!

Post a Comment

Inmates

Archives

Comic Central
© WebRing Inc.
Comic Central
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>
Comic Blog Elite