Is Dolly Parton Black Canary?!  

Posted by BB in , ,

So I picked up the new issue of Green Arrow and Black Canary,which was #19, last week and wasn't that impressed with it. I really liked the issues leading into it but l kinda felt let down by this one. That though is not the biggest problem I have with this issue.

One of the usual things i like to do here is give a run down of my favorite covers each week. This time though instead I would like to just share my least favorite cover of the YEAR so far. If you have this issue feel free to pull it out and take a gander with me.

To start this cover has been changed form its original solicitation. Here is the solicitation version
to the left here. And the actual to the right here. (I apologize for the the quality of the actual one but I took it with my Iphone because I couldn't find an actual one online.)

So as you can tell the faces on Black Canary are different as well as the hair on Cupid. Also the coloring is slightly different. Not sure why the change but change it did.





Now that isn't my issue with the cover either. My issue is that when you take a closer look at Black Canary's face and body things just are weird looking. If you have the issue to look at I would suggest doing so. Otherwise I have a closer look pic from my Iphone here to the right. Now if we are all looking at the picture lets share things that are odd. 1.) That is one ugly pissed off woman face, 2.) Those are some giant breasticles, 3.) That is one hideously skinny waist to have such huge breasticles that were pointed out in point 2, and finally 4.)The way the bottom of Black Canary's costume comes down into here southern region it almost looks like it is a slight man bulge. Altogether, these points make for a nasty ass cover.

Now what the hell was with the title of this entry? Well take a look at the body presented to us for Black canary. Now check out this picture of Dolly Parton to the left here. Don't they look eerily similar. I think so. Big tits small waste weathered blonde head. Yep, DC now has Dolly Parton playing the part of Black canary. Well, for this cover anyway.

What's everyone think? Fair assessment of the cover? Anyone else see the Dolly Parton resemblance?

2 rants

Hey man. Watch out what you say about My Dolly. ;) Good move on DC's part if you ask me.

See I prefer Bea Arthur myself. The voice of an angel and the body of a godess.

Post a Comment

Inmates

Archives

Comic Central
© WebRing Inc.
Comic Central
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>
Comic Blog Elite